Monday, February 25, 2013

Surviors

I found this piece to be deep creative. I have not read many peoms that were about same sex relationships. The writer made many valid points by talking about how the family reacted and how they would probably react if the lover were to past first. Many same sex couples experience this exact thing. This poem is touching because no wants to lose the person they love, especially have to watch them die. I like this peom because in essence it is a sence of real life. Who wants to be alone? Who wants to have to face the family of the one they lost? The depth of this poem is unlike any of the other ones we have previously read in my opinion at least. I like how the lover is caught in thoughts of what he would do and say. Being left alone is one of the worst things that can happen to a person. I can't imagine having to deal with it. By it being a same sex relationship it only takes the strain of matters further because whose to say how the family will react, especially when the father has whooped the son an different occasions because of his sexual orientation. This poem speaks volumes.

1 comment: