Thursday, April 4, 2013

*Sunday* Essay Packet 1

I like how the writer expresses the intimate details of the Sunday dinners. The part of this short story that really had me thinking was the beginning. It said, "White people couldn't cook; everybody knew that. Which made it a puzzle why such an important part of the civil rights movement had to do with integrating restaurants and lunch counters. The food wasn't good anyway." I think blacks just wanted to go in just because they were not allowed to eat at these restaurants and lunch counters. I don't by no means believe it was for the food either. The short story is entertaining with its details. I like how the writer gives you a visual of what a Sunday with the Colman family would be like. The structure of this story seems traditional to me. Complete sentences, and no random breaks.

1 comment: